Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Epic adventures


So Monday, being Chinese New Year, i ventured around central helping my mum with her work and then went to meet Mai-Ling, Mimi, Zeljka and Elisha at Cha Cha Moon. Here we did a bit of catching up and some eating..followed by a journey to Montague Pyke for dessert. Here i got a text asking me if i was going to Mahiki or not. So on impulse, i thought 'WHY NOT?' dragged Mai to my house so we could get ready in under 30 mins and ran out of the house to be at Mahiki by half 10. We made it just in time and bumped into Cristina. Here, would be the start of my fabulous week of late night partying. One of the girls from work handed Mai and I Whisky Mist membership cards allowing us free entry for every night of the week (SCORE!). Turned out everyone was heading to Whisky the next day so Mai and I decided to go too.
                             
Tuesday rolled around, having dragged Mai to my house the day before, she ended up leaving her stuff at my house, so that mean her coming back with me, bumming one of the sofas in my room. This was fine with me as it meant i wouldn't be alone, and it would also distract me from texting the guy i liked whilst drunk (we've all done it and really regretted it the next day). Mai woke up super early and found out that her law class was cancelled so she lay on the sofa reading one of my favourite books until i woke up. When i did, we spent the entire day on facebook stalking peoples facebook profiles and deciding what to wear to whisky later that night. We milled around a lot catching up on things that we hadn't yet had time to banter about. 

However, the guy i like still hadn't replied to the text message I'd sent him on Sunday, nor had he really made any effort to contact me. So his lack of communication was on my mind, at the back of my mind, but never the less still on my mind. I was beginning to wonder if he was secretly still here, going about his daily business, but making up a good reason for me to not really contact him, and give him a good reason to not have to see me. [from time to time, my paranoia really makes an appearance...like here] Seeing as how he hadn't contacted me, i didn't really want to be the one to make all the effort. So i tried to distract myself and leave it be...for now.

Tuesday night had now approached, having gotten ready and picked our outfits, we left my house. Mai took her things with her so she could go home so this meant I'd be coming home alone. Anyway, we took the bus from outside my house straight to whisky, we arrived at half 10 [pretty early apparently] to an almost empty whisky mist, I'd never seen it quite so empty, nor had i been that early. Walking through the door we were greeted by a rather gorgeous door girl who told us that at that moment, we didn't have a table but that we could sit at her friends table until he arrived. The friend turned up and kindly let us stay at his table, he turned out to be Albie, the saviour of my shitty week! 

[update : forgot to mention that after a night of heavy drinking, we journeyed to edgware road for a 5 am meal. good times!]

1 comment:

  1. i love your writing style! will stay tuned for more epic adventures......!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete